A Road to Recovery from Cancer Treatment
Standard oncology treatment can include invasive surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and hormone therapy. These treatments can have a debilitating impact on patients and bring a whole host of negative side effects to be endured, in addition to the cancer diagnosis itself.
Recovering from cancer treatment takes time and the road is different for each individual. Obviously the ultimate goal is that there is no recurrence of the cancer, but hopefully with as little long term impact on the patients’ quality of life.
At CanConquer, we want to help you return to the life you were living before your cancer diagnosis, or potentially, an even better one. The latest research in to exercise and its’ effect on cancer is showing that a prescribed exercise program can actually reduce the rate of cancer recurrence. We think this is extremely exciting and its’ what motivated us to develop the CanConquer Program so we could help Illawarra based cancer patients turn this disease on its’ head.
Our specific exercise program for cancer patients focuses on:
- Physical rehabilitation after surgery to regain mobility and strength.
- Restoring energy levels and combatting post-cancer fatigue
- Minimising the nasty side effects of cancer medication through improving bone density, reducing mood swings, managing weight gain or loss and less nausea.
- Reducing recurrence rates of cancer for our clients
- Education and support in healthy lifestyle changes in an inclusive environment with people that “get it”.
We are able to work with all types of cancer, including:
- Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Other Cancers We Treat
CanConquer is the first exercise oncology program to be offered within the Illawarra and gives local cancer patients access to services previously only available at larger cancer care facilities such as the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse in Sydney.
Check out our story featured on WIN News here: